This carob ganache recipe is perfect for when you are craving something rich and decadent and it literally takes one minute to make. It is raw, vegan and fat-free, so it is actually healthy for you too! What more could you want out of life?! 🙂 Only on the raw food diet can you have such decadent delicious dessert and eat as much as you want and be guilt-free afterwards. You can actually say you did your body good!
When I am craving chocolate I turn to carob as a substitute. Carob is naturally sweet and has so many nutritional benefits that I prefer carob over cacao (click here to see why). This is a great recipe for kids too, you can cut up different fruit and let them dip it right into the ganache. This can also be used as a spread or even as a pudding. So it is quite versatile.
1 ripe spotted banana
1 cup of dates, pitted (about 7 large medjool dates)
4 Tbsp raw carob powder
(optional) 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Blend all the above ingredients in a Vitamix until thick and creamy.
This would also be a great for parties as an appetizer or dessert. Cut up several types of fruit on a platter along with this dip.
You could also simply have “chocolate” dipped fruit of choice. I love it with strawberries!
So rich and yummy!
Carob vs Chocolate:
– Carob does not contain any harmful substances like caffeine, theobromine, or theophylline.
– Carob is low in fat and calories and does not contain the health risks of chocolate. In comparison to chocolate, carob has seventeen times less fat.
– Carob is rich in phosphorous and calcium, which are very important in preventing osteoporosis. In comparison to chocolate carob contains three times more calcium.
– Carob is actually a legume that comes from a carob tree.
– Carob is an alkaline food and is safe enough for dogs to eat unlike chocolate which can seriously injure or kill them.
– Carob has its own natural sugars, unlike chocolate.