Today I am excited to be sharing with you a savory, mouth-watering recipe created by the talented raw food chef Jonny Freesh. Not only is he sharing with us a sneak peek recipe from his new e-book but he is going to giveaway two copies of his book to two lucky winners! (See below for details on this GIVEAWAY). This Indian spiced bread with tamarind tomato chutney is a hearty, satisfying recipe that makes for a great appetizer, snack or addition to any meal. This bread is raw, vegan and gluten-free, imagine being able to satisfy your craving for bread and not having to suffer with digestive issues because of the gluten, or worry about all the unwanted carbs after?
Jonny is a raw foodie currently living in Bali, I’m secretly envious! lol. He is doing a book tour this month promoting his new e-book Raw Made Fun, Easy & Beautiful. He had asked me to be on his tour promoting the book and one delicious recipe from it and I was thrilled to be apart of it! I am always admiring all of his food creations on Facebook and I love how he incorporates the exotic Bali ingredients into his recipes. I am always curious what he is going to make next. But, now you can have your very own copy of his recipe e-book with all these delectable recipes in your hand! Enter below to win your own personal copy. One thing I really admire about Jonny’s work is that it’s clear he has passion for creating raw foods. His creations are more like edible art, they are simply beautiful and this new e-book puts together 63 fun beautiful recipes of his that will entice anybody into eating raw foods! Just take a look at some of these tantalizing teaser photos of some of the amazing recipes you will find in his new e-book…
Jonny’s Banana Lime Cheesecake
Garlic Cheese Spread with Chia Seed Crackers
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Sweet Fruity Salad with BBQ Vinaigrette
Jonny’s Cran-Raspberry Cookies with Rambutan Icing
Did that get your taste-buds all fired up? Are you ready for the recipe??
Indian Spiced Bread
Food Processor, Dehydrator
1 ½ cup Brazil Nuts (soaked & Dehydrated)
½ cup Pumpkin Seeds (soaked & Dehydrated)
½ cup Sunflower Seeds (soaked & Dehydrated)
½ & 1/3 cup Chopped Onions
½ cup Sprouted Lentils
1 cup Chopped Zucchini
1 ½ tbsp Flaxseed Oil
½ cup Cranberries
½ cup Psyllium Husk
1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
2 tbsp Red Maca Powder 1 tbsp Tamari
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Turmeric
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Process Nuts and Seeds until they become a crumble.
2. Remove Nuts and Seeds from food processor and place in a separate bowl.
3. Process Onions, Cranberries, Lentils, Zucchini, Liquids and Seasonings until everything is well combined and broken down.
4. Add in the Nuts, Seeds, Maca Powder, Psyllium Husk and Nutritional Yeast and process until everything is well combined.
5. Remove the dough and form a bread loaf with your hands. Cut shallow scores on top of the loaf the size the bread slices that you want in the end.
6. Brush the top with some Olive Oil and then sprinkle on a garnish of Seasonings or Seeds.
7. Dehydrate on mesh sheet at 145 F for 1-2 hours. This is to create the crust. Set an alarm so you don’t forget!
8. Dehydrate on mesh sheet for 8-10 hours at 105 F. Take out and cut into slices.
9. Dehydrate slices on mesh sheet for another 6-8 hours, flipping once. Flipping the tray helps too, as slices at the back of dehydrator will dry faster than ones at front.
10. Eat with Chutneys, Dips, Pates, Jerkies, Cheeses, Tomato Bruschetta, or whatever. Or just plain! It’s soooo good it doesn’t need anything!
Tamarind Tomato Chutney
2 medium Tomatoes (diced)
1 medium Tomato (whole)
½ cup Coconut Water
10 tbsp Tamarind pods (de-seeded)
1 tbsp Onion (diced)
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 small Hot Chili Pepper or ¼ – ½ tsp Hot Chili Powder
½ tsp Salt
Blend all ingredients except Diced Tomatoes and Onions until well mixed. Add Chili Powder to taste. Mix in Diced Tomatoes and Onions. Serve with Indian Bread (pg. 104), crudite, or in Nori Rolls. Makes about 2 cups of Chutney
Like this recipe? Enter below for a chance to win your own copy of Jonny’s e-book Raw Food Made Fun, Easy & Beautiful! Giveaway ends Monday, July 7, 2014 at noon PST.